Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

Hello, friends. I am sitting here listening to Olivia perfect her scream over the monitor. She has been really resisting her naps. I think she might be ready to go to just one nap a day. I'm nervous to change it up though because we are so close to vacation time and I'd hate to change her routine now.

The weekend was really great! Mr. Ho had off on Good Friday. I sent him and Olivia over to the In-Laws because we got our carpets cleaned! I used OxiFresh. Joe was great. He was really thorough and the carpets dried very quickly. I was cleaning while he was cleaning. He actually LAUGHED at my Swiffer slippers. In the evening, we had dinner at Fortune with the In-Laws and the Mars. They are moving back to Alberta because Gary is running for premier! Isn't that super exciting?

Saturday, we went to the grocery store in the AM and sort of on on a whim (we had talked about it for awhile now), we decided to go the zoo! The Wiltshires couldn't join us but we did ask Mackenzie to come with since she will be leaving soon. They live literally next door to the zoo. Olivia actually LOVED seeing all the animals! She would point and babble. Her favorite were the elephants. After dropping off Mackenzie, we went to eat at Rays the Steaks. Yes, it was 4:30 PM and yes there were a lot of old people there. But it was great for us. We had a leisurely dinner and then made it home with enough time before Olivia goes down at night.

We did not go to church on Easter Sunday. This bugs me, but we don't have a church to go to right now. I want to find a church so Olivia can go to Sunday School. It's something I'm going to work on when we get back from our vacation. In the afternoon, we went to Remi's 1st birthday party at Clemyjontri Park. When I first read the park's name, I thought it was a misprint. But apparently the park got it's name from the children of the parents who invested in the park. This is a GREATTTT park!! The ground is rubber or something so if there is an accident, it's not as bad. There are tons of things for every age. Even a carousel! The only downfall is that everyone else thinks it's a great park too. So parking is limited and I can imagine it being quite the cluster**ck during peak times.

Here's a cute Olivia story. I am great at picking stuff up with my little toes. I did this in front of Olivia the other day and afterwards, she kept trying to stick things in her feet. Soo cutteeee.

Right now, I'm reading Summer and the City by Candace Bushnell on my IPhone. Did I mention I read stuff on my iPhone that i would be embarrassed to buy in person? Like Lauren Conrad's books. I am actually debating whether or not I want an eReader. I love having books on my bookshelf though... I'm really torn about this. Anyway, the book is good so far! It's about Carrier, fresh into her first days in NYC and meeting all her girlfriends. So far, she's met Samantha and Miranda.

No comments: