Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Facebook, Schmacebook

I did the MySpace thing and quit when it got really skanky and spammed out.  A certain lady made me reactivate my Facebook account and although hesitant at first, I'm so glad I did it.  It's such a great way to keep tabs on lost friends and definitely family.  My friends' parents are now opening accounts.  Do you think I could make one for my parents?  I doubt they will ever understand what it is.

There's going to be a point when Facebook gets pretty impersonal.  As of now, I'm up to 423 friends.  And honestly, if I saw some of them in a crowded room, would I go up to them?  

Hey, haven't seen you in 10+ years, but read on your status that you're sick of cold weather!

Unlikely.  I'd probably just ignore them and avoid eye contact, but wish them a Happy Birthday when Facebook tells me it's their born day.

I thought of a new Facebook game.  Add the words "in bed" after someone's status update, just like fortune cookies.  

For instance, currently Ms. B is back at work!  How much more fun is it when it's Ms. B is back at work in bed!  

This game is quite entertaining.  And immature on my part.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA!

Diana said...

hahaha i love this new game!!! i will play it all day. ;) and i'm SO GLAD you reactivated your account.

i'm still waiting for my high school crush to message me on facebook and say, "i've loved you all my life."