Friday, January 30, 2009

AnnaK & I Are Not Friends

I want to make a public announcement that I wave the white flag.  I can no longer continue with Anna Karenina.  I only made it to page 218 out of 948.  I just can't get into it.  It may be one of the greatest novels of all time, but screw it.  I hate it.  Wikipedia told me how it ended and I'm still not impressed.

Here are some FIVE FUN FACTS:

1.  I enjoy basil plants.  They smell so fresh and whenever I cook with it, I can just envision Martha Stewart nodding her head with approval.  
2.  In kindergarden, we were supposed to come dressed as a pilgrim or a native-american for Thanksgiving.  I tried to explain to my mother, who had absolutely no idea.  So she sent me to school dressed in a hanbok, a traditional korean gown.  I was a pilgrim - a real fancy korean one.
3.  My parents went to the grocery store and left my brother and I home alone for the first time.  We were watching Looney Toons when it started thunderstorming.  I got scared sh*tless and convinced my brother we were going to get killed so we sought refuge at the neighbor's house.
4.  My BFFF once told me a scary story when I was a wee gal.  About this scary zombie hand that would shoot out of the toilet.  I still get nervous about flushing the toilet when I take a pee break in the middle of the night.
5.  I always tear when I yawn.  Anyone else?

3 comments:

Diana said...

you cook with live basil?! i had no idea. i used to HATE basil. one of my favorite grandma dishes is clam with basil. ymm ymm delicious.

Unknown said...

it's about time you give up on that book

Unknown said...

HIIII! I'm so tired.