Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Holiday Spirit


2008 is almost to an end, it's already December!  Once Thanksgiving hits, everything else is a crazy whirlwind until the new year.  The new year in which I will turn 27.  Ugh.

Thanksgiving in Mississippi was a great time, as expected.  I miss my parents so much.  Everytime we part ways at the airport, I always tear.  Since Mr. Ho was with me this time, I tried to hold back, but he has Mrs. Ho-Crying-Radar or something, because he always catches me just when the tears are about to hit!  

I wish I could SHIZAM my parents to where we live forever and ever.  My dream would be to own a huge house with an equally huge guest house, where my parents would reside.  Come on, Lotto!  
My father fried our turkey this year and it was DELICIOUS.  I felt the need to name our turkey, because dad spent so much time cleaning it and rubbing it down with all the seasonings.  Yeah, I got attached to the dead bird.  I asked dad to do the honors, and the man named our turkey, EatChopChop.  Senseless, yet perfect.  I actually made the rest of the sides and spent the rest of the evening downing the magnum-sized bottle of wine. 

Do you know what you want for Christmas this year?  Since we are officially in a recession, I guess my list needs to be recession-friendly.  So I say, I want nothing.  But, if you really want to know, I definitely have a list.  Remember that show Boy Meets World with Ben Savage?  There was this episode where Cory Matthews' mother is all upset because her husband buys her a dishwasher for their anniversary and she thought it was so unromantic and the husband thought it was just very practical.  I enjoy practical gifts.  If I got a new refrigerator, I'd accept it with open arms!  Beggars can't be choosers.  I'd like to clarify, that I don't want a dishwasher or a refrigerator, however.  That clarification was specifically for Mr. Ho.  

Random story:  Today I went to Target to look for 2009 planner refills, but alas, they didn't have the size I was looking for.  I left empty-handed, probably a FIRST for Target, and headed over to my car.  I'm still not used to parking the new car, so I had awhile to walk because I parked so, so far away.  I was walking in the same direction as this other lady (who I swear, was talking to herself) and who I noticed was very, very tall.  In the distance, I saw my Range Rover and saw a Smart Car - those ridiculous clown cars.  I literally jump into my car (I can't reach sometimes) and see the tall lady get into her Smart Car.  This situation reaffirmed that I certainly have a Napoleon Complex.  

Long overdue FIVE FUN FACTS...

1.  Back when I was 5 or so, my cousin, who is about 15 years older than me, asked the ladies in the car (my mom, aunt, and other girl cousins) if any of us had a brush.  I, always prepared, had one and handed over my miniature pink Barbie brush.  And he used it.
2.  At our Andover Lane house, there was this black cat that would sit in front of our deck door and meow all night long, everyday for about a month.  So creepy.
3.  I love squid - dried squid, boiled squid, sushi squid.  My mother revealed that my grandmother first gave me dried squid when I was a year old so I would stop crying and I'd suck on that thing for hours.
4.  I can read really fast.  A book usually takes hours.  Although, the book I'm currently reading (all 1000 pages of it), Anna Karenina is taking FOREVER.  This is my third attempt at this monstrosity.  
5.  My favorite smelling room in the house is....  the closet with all the cleaning products!  I hope heaven smells like Swiffer.

PS.  I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A PSA.  I KNOW THERE ARE SPACING ISSUES IN SOME POSTS, BUT IT'S NOT ME, I PROMISE.  I AM TOO ANAL TO LET THOSE THINGS JUST PASS.  SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH BLOGSPOT AND I'D LIKE THEM TO FIX IT.  NOW.  IT DRIVES ME CRAZY. 

4 comments:

Diana said...

yayyyyy update!! DADDY FRIED A TURKEY?! so fun. and that dinner table has my name on it.

omg i remember that episode!! hilarious.

i tried to read anna k., too! i got to page 20 and gave up. please let me know if it is worth it to keep going. although i have not touched it in years and years.

SiL said...

Cute blog! I am def going to try out some of those recipes. Maybe a slow cooker recipe before I have to go to work. HAH! I wonder whose life is more unfortunate ;( And no worries, you know I'll be asking for a new washer/dryer and dishwasher for Christmas..hint to Mr. Poon. I hope he sees this. And I would like some bling too!

Unknown said...

Great Blog..........I love that fried turkey, I still dream about chop chop... As for recession proof gifts, I can't say I agree..... considering our frig and washer/dryer still work.... you just want a upgrade Mrs. Ho.... but I agree I want one of those super refrigerators....

Unknown said...

I got a special treat of reading two updated blogs in a row! You want a subzero? Those things are ENORMOUS! Oh, I forgot to comment about your dreams. Remember when you made me stay home (pregnant) instead of meeting you for jja-jang b/c you had a dream that I fell on the ice? On second thought, was that a dream or was that a vision 'cause you have those too. Mmm...jja-jang myun.