Monday, December 8, 2008

Detergent...Everywhere

Today started out like all my other Mondays - cleaning and laundry day.  I clean the entire house, minus the basement since that's the brother's territory, and I do all the laundry - whites, darks, sheets, towels, Rocky's bedding, rags, etc.  

I've pretty much finished the first floor when my mom calls.  While we are chatting, I happen to hear a slight *boom* from the laundry room but I thought nothing of it because our washing machine and dryer make random noises here and there.  

After our weekend catch-up, I go to get the laundry and ... I just have no words to describe what it looked like.  Hence, the title of this blog - DETERGENT...EVERYWHERE.  That "slight *boom*" was my detergent bottle falling on the floor and spilling it's concentrated ickiness ALL OVER THE DAMN place.  And I mean ALL over.  It's definitely BEHIND the dryer.

I was so distraught!  I contemplated taking a picture of the mess for my dear readers, but my control issues kicked in hardcore and I started cleaning immediately.  It was awful.  Concentrated detergent has somewhat of a substance to it so it hadn't spread too, too badly.  But I had to drag the dryer and get behind there and start cleaning.  Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise, because I noticed that the dryer tube thingy was just taped on - not clamped.  Plus, there was a lot of lint back there, so maybe cleaning that out will prevent a fire in the future.  (I'm just trying to find the silver lining because my hands and feet still feel like they have a slight detergent coating to them.  Yuck.  And my back is killing me.  Oy vey, I feel old).  I went to Home Depot to get this circular thingymajigy and screwdrived that thing onto the dryer tube thingy.  And it was a success!

Super proud of myself, but exhausted.  I don't know when was the last time I used a screwdriver.  The detergent fiasco cost me 3.5 hours and my chores were extended into the evening.  My therapist, wine - and lots of it, is doing its healing.  

Danny's birthday party was a success.  He had a lot of fun and I did as well!  I told myself I'd stick with wine and keep it cool.  But I changed my mind and stuck with vodka - extra dirty Grey Goose martinis, my fav.  The Moet was probably my tipping point.  Long story short, it got a little rowdy after we left the lounge and my ghetto side kicked in - without Patron, apparently.  I got in some chick's face (because she was yelling at my brother and everyone knows I am uber-protective over that boy) and started pulling her hair.  Thankfully, Mr. Ho saved the day and pulled me away before any damage could occur.  My hero <3...>

BIGGG CONGRATULATIONS to the future Dr. and Mrs. Park on their engagement!!!

2 comments:

SiL said...

Hi SIL!
I'm sorry you had to clean up all that goo crap! I can only imagine how messy and time consuming that was. I'm glad to hear that Danny's bday turned out well despite the leak. I bet it was the guy who tried to visit Danny in the basement that one night :)
I'm going to try one of the tilapia recipes. Which one should I try first?

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHA! OMG. I would've just died. Not only are you domesticated- you're handy manny too.