Thursday, October 22, 2009

Baby Update

Just a quick update for those I don't talk to too often... The pregnancy is going well. I am approaching my 19th week this Friday, which means the halfway mark will be next week! Very exciting. I am definitely showing a bit through my clothes now - well, if I'm wearing something that is form-fitting. I thought I'd have a belly so much sooner but I'm sure I'll look back and think - remember the days when I was pregnant but didn't look it? I miss that. Haha. My belly is growing because I am consistently hungry. I can't even explain it.

The most exciting news is that I can feel the baby. It is this really insane fluttering movement that was very subtle at first. I thought I had gas. But it has progressively gotten stronger and stronger. The baby is very active when I'm lounging on the couch or laying down on my side. Mr. Ho was actually able to feel two little kicks last Sunday. I was so happy that he got to experience the feeling with me. It's nice to know that he/she is getting stronger by the day. Last night, I was eating strawberry popsicles and the baby was going crazy! I'm going to guess that he/she really enjoyed the taste :) Also, I was playing some Britney Spears last weekend, and the baby also loved that, too. Hahaha.

We have a major ultrasound appointment next Monday. It lasts about an hour. I'm so happy that I get to stare at the baby for a straight hour. But being the perpetual worrier that I am, I'm definitely nervous because they are taking the time to see if there are any problems... :( Send us some good vibes, people. Oh, if the baby is cooperating, we'll also be able to tell if it's a girl or a boy!!

Time to make dinner ...

3 comments:

Diana said...

omg so glad your appetite is back and STRONG!! that is just perfect. :) i can't wait for another pic of your belly. sigh, wish i could be there to feel him/her move around in your tummy! xooxo

ogdm said...

SO EXCITING!!! :)

Unknown said...

woo hoo, can't wait till monday :)