Monday, December 15, 2008

Embarrassment of Riches

One of my regular routines at the gym is the Stairmaster, which I love to use when I'm feeling lazy because it is slow-paced but gets your heart racing.  Usually, I'm drenched by the time I'm finished.  I love reading tabloids or fashion magazines while I'm going at it, but last week, I read an article in Newsweek on luxury shame.  

Nowadays, it's all about being a Recessionista versus a Fashionista.  Even the rich are trying to hide their wealth, downsizing, downgrading and downturning everywhere you look.  Posh Spice told a tabloid that she shops at Claire's - clearly, the biggest lie of the year!!  Are you surprised with the sh*t economy?  In my opinion, it was bound to happen.  I'm bummed that it happened - who doesn't love the good life?  But the bubble was getting way too big and it was ready to pop.  There was way too much bling and money being thrown out the window with the assumption that it would always be there tomorrow.  

Now that it's time to change, what are you doing to save that last penny?  I try to do my part.  Here are my five money-saving ways:

1.  I use a flashlight around the house - no lights, low electricity bill. 
2.  I flush the toilet after four uses.  No matter what pleasantries I drop into it.
3.  I wear my gym socks and sports bra for two weeks before washing.  
4.  Meal scraps are dumped into a pot for a delicious hodge-podge soup at the end of the week.
5.  I'm collecting my hair to turn into a nice sweater.  I'll use Rocky's fur to make a cute design in the center!

Just kidding.  I hope you actually didn't think I would do those things.  

Even if you are buying your Christmas gifts at the .99 Cent Store this year, let's still be grateful for all the blessings we have in this life.  I'm mentally gifting you with champagne wishes and caviar dreams.  You're welcome.  

3 comments:

Diana said...

i want a dho+rocky hair sweater!! mmmkay thank you. ;)

Unknown said...

Rocky hair sweaters are like hermes birkin bags, they are one of a kind.....

Unknown said...

Hermes Birkin IS one of a kind. Completely crafted by hand piece by piece by one highly trained individual. Then it goes to the head honcho and if there is the tiniest of a flaw- it doesn't receive the stamp of approval. On a different note, stairmaster is fucking awesome. Great for your ass. And I'm really glad you don't actually do those things but it did make me laugh.