Thursday, December 4, 2008

You Can Sleep When You Die

Can I tell you how much I disagree with this statement?  I admire people who don't need too much sleep.  Mr. Ho is like this.  He functions pretty perfectly on minimal sleep and his body is programmed to wake up early - every single day.  On the weekends, he is very wise and tries to leave the house for a little while so I can sleep even longer.  I so appreciate a quiet house and he knows the wrath he will face if I'm forced to get up.  

I think I sleep for the dreams.  I have great, vivid dreams - adventure dreams, sad dreams (where I actually wake myself from real tears), and even sexy dreams (where Mr. Ho is the star, of course.  Hubba Hubba).  Even if I wake for a bit, I can force myself to continue where I left off.  I love dreaming.  I don't know how many times I've called Young and said, "So I dreamt last night..."

For the past seven months, I have spent A LOT of time sleeping.  I cannot even admit how late I sleep in.  It's a bit embarrassing.  The problem may be that our room is very dark, even if it's full-on sunny outside.  I asked Mr. Ho to open the blinds before he leaves for work, but he has yet to do so.  

I made a few observations of my sleep habits that I know are just so fascinating, that I had to share...  

1.  I fall asleep on my sides/stomach.
2.  If I stay up after 2 am, it is SO much harder to fall asleep.
3.  I get the BEST sleep after Mr. Ho leaves for work.  I snuggle into the middle of the bed and spread out as much as I can.
4.  Rocky sleeps in as long as I do.  
5.  I get hot feet.  I always have to have at least one foot outside of the blankets.  I told my mom how I do this and she said that her brothers do the same thing.  Blood doesn't lie.  

There you go, FIVE FUN (SLEEP) FACTS.

I was up way early today (for me, anyway) - at 7 am!  I had to help the elderly today, specifically my cute grandparents.  

Hmmm... I think I shall take a nap now.  

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! I just read all your posts..heheh..so I thought I'd write one massive comment.

Eatchopchop..is the cutest name! It makes me smile for some reason....hehe

There are really cute nerd glasses (i love the red ones) at American Apparel.

Fifty nifty united states....we should sing this together.
I learned ROYGBIV...and i remember liking the word indigo..lol

Lastly..your fam is soo cute. V is ADORABLE...I still want to meet her one day. And your parents are sooo cute.

ok..must go back to work (sigh) but please keep posting...i love the entertainment=)

Unknown said...

Mmmmm...sleep. Is it possible to dream about sleep?