Friday, June 5, 2009

BEIJING DAY 5.5 + RANDOM THOUGHTS

The following morning, Mr. Ho and I walked around Wang Fu Jang again and bought some things in the malls and along the street markets.  The two of us ate some more xiao lum bao at the same Shanghainese restaurant.  

We watched The Hitcher in the hotel and then met the parents for happy hour.  We then took a cab to the acrobatics show!  It was no Cirque du Soleil, but it was good.  This was my absolute favorite part of the show - this FOB music finale!

  

The four of us ate noodles for dinner and then Mr. Ho and I had some drinks in the lobby lounge, where we reminisced about our trip, talked about how much we missed our dog-son, and discussed how the real world sucks, vacations rock!

On our final day, Mr. Ho and I went back to the massage place to get full body massages, cupping, and foot massages.  Check out our disgusting backs!  I was so fearful that these marks would be a permanent part of our backs but they started fading the next day.  The reason why we got the cupping in the first place was because the masseuse told me I had a bad lower back!  (Remember the wack doctor who told me the same thing??!)  I've never had a problem with my lower back, thus, I was so surprised to hear him tell me that, too!  Does that mean my womb really is cold??
 
 

The plane ride was long - a direct 13-hour flight from Beijing to Dulles.  SIL and brother met us at the airport, and I was so happy to be home.  Rocky was SOOO excited to see us!  I decided to unpack and clean-up, while Mr. Ho had the energy to go out with some friends.  


Here are a few facts/thoughts about Beijing:

1.  Bicycles everywhere!  No helmet law, either.  And they are just as aggressive as cars!  

2.  People are taller, bigger, and tanner.

3.  The city is just a lot dirtier.  Landmarks had litter everywhere.

4.  The people are just so crass.  They are REALLY loud.  Many of them have long fingernails that they use to pick at their earwax, noses, and whatever crevices they can get into.  And of course, then stare at the "treasure" they have found.  Let's not forget all the loogies I heard being hoked (how do you spell that word?) all around me.  SO GROSS.  Oh, and farting is just an open book there.  Fart here, fart there.  

I am so thankful for this trip.  I hope we are as fortunate in the future and have more opportunities to travel!  And then, my dearest readers will have more entries about the Ho's Going Global!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG that's what the long fingernails are for? I thought it was to do drugs!? Next time, maybe you'll have your future kiddies.

Unknown said...

I want experience cupping. WOW!