Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Netflix Update

The Reader - Read the book so I knew what was going to happen.  But didn't prepare me for the raciness when the book comes to life.  Thought they did a great job casting the young Ralph Fiennes character.  Mr. Ho noticed Kate Winslet's hairy armpits.  Of course.

Australia - I recall this movie getting panned.  Didn't it cost millions and tanked at the box office?  I thought it was pretty good.  Nicole Kidman's face looked weird.  Hugh Jackman, well, you can never go wrong with Wolverine.  And I knew Neil Fletcher looked familiar - Faramir from the Lord of the Ring series!  It was ridiculously long though.  I shed a few tears.

Today was a very productive wedding day.  I was sitting at the island, cranking away when I saw the storm a-brewin'.  And I will admit.  I was scurred!!  I saw the sky change, the trees look like they were about to be blown over, and the lightning strike.  I hate when thunder shakes the house.  Other than that, storms are pretty cool.

I can't wait to get the new iPhone!

There is no way I can post Mr. Ho's Dirty 30 video on here.  Youtube has a 10 minute limit on their site and this thing is a little over 16 minutes long.  Boo.

I really do try to read the news, but lately, I've been avoiding it.  Disappearing planes, journalists sentenced to hard labor, mom dead - baby taken out of uterus, american car industry going down the shitter...  it's so depressing.  I'd much rather immerse myself in Charm School and the Real Housewives of New Jersey.

You know what news coverage pisses me off?  The Jon & Kate + 8 crap.  I caught a few of the new episodes and I can't believe how much Kate has changed - high heels, pink sundresses, red leather jackets, skinny jeans, tanned, manicured, make-up done, hair done (if you call that backwards mullet, done)...  Seriously?  I miss her in sweatpants and when she had the belly of a dog's jowls, as she called it.  It's obvious her and Jon are so over.  Doing the past 2 seasons have completely killed their marriage.  They don't even do the interviews anymore.  How sad for the kids, who are still unbelievably cute!

And my last note of the day, I am so happy to announce the 2.55 is now in my possession!  WOOT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo.... Miss updating your blogs, computer is back up to speed....finally