Friday, June 5, 2009

LAST HONG KONG DAY + RANDOM THOUGHTS

As I mentioned, I was pissed off pretty much all day because I thought I was going to lose my beloved YSLs FOREVER!  Mr. Ho tried to comfort me, but if you know me, if I'm upset about something and you can't change the situation, I'm still upset.  No amount of love, kisses, and sweet nothings will make me feel better.  Thank goodness, I found them.  And I was back to my lovely self!

We did laundry in the morning and then met up with one of SIL's dental school friends and walked around Mongkok.  It was a really chill day since we had to leave for Beijing the next day.  SIL's mother-in-law organized a farewell dinner at this restaurant at the Holiday Inn (yes, that Holiday Inn but about 10000x better - hello, crystal chandelier).  We ate some peking duck - again my favorite, and these really tender ribs, among other dishes.  Seriously, I have HAD IT with 8 course meals.  I felt like such a fatty McHo.

Ever since I landed in Hong Kong, all I wanted to do was a get a foot massage.  Massages are so unbelievably cheap and my friend had told me about these foot massages that I HAD To try.  So BIL's friend picked us up to take us to Fun Feet.  (I'll never forget when he told us he 
brought his "big car" and we all congregated around this van.  And then it turned out to be the M5 next to it.  I don't know why but SIL and I found this hilarious).  Mr. Ho got a full body massage but I got a neck/shoulder massage (forgot to mention I had awful neck/shoulder issues during the trip) and a foot massage.  I could have definitely fallen asleep if these two ladies weren't yapping away next to me.  SIL PASSED out.  It was really cute to see her dead asleep and this lady just workin' at her feet.

We had some drinks at BrSi and then called it a night.  

Here are some random facts/thoughts about Hong Kong, made by Mrs. Ho:

1.  Real asians (born in Asia) are truly short.  Mr. Ho and I even noticed the height of their stairs are even shorter than normal!  Mr. Ho tripped many times.  He, btw, was like the biggest asian there.  On to point 2...

2.  The men do not work out.  They are very thin and feminine.  And wow, some of them wear clothes tigther than Pamela Anderson.  Not a good look, dudes.

3.  Fobby isn't SO fobby when you're in fob-land.

4.  Louis Vuitton THREW UP on Hong Kong.  Every woman has the LV Neverfull bag.  I seriously saw it about 30 times a day.  It became a game - who can spot the Neverfull first.

5.  I made this point before, but everyone walks everywhere.  They make their kids walk too.  You don't see too many strollers.  And if you do, they are probably a tourist.  

6.  I really enjoyed not being able to understand the language.  I didn't really have to engage in conversation and could just live in my own head.  But I did notice that I can pick up context really well!

7.  Why do they leave the toilet seats up in the ladies bathrooms?

8.  Hong Kong is so clean.  There is no litter on the streets.  You'll get fined for spitting.  They make "please be hygienic" announcements over the metro airwaves.  They have plastic covers over elevator buttons that have a sign that says, "These buttons have been cleaned every hour."

9.  They have an entire universe underground with the metro system.  With classical music and everything.

10.  This is kind of mean, but the Indians there are like Mexicans here.  One Indian came up to me as SIL and I were walking and says, "Hello, Pussy.  How are you?"  

Overall, I really loved Hong Kong.  I will definitely be back!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HELLO PUSSY! My favorite! What? No Bugaboos? No, seriously, you didn't see any strollers? Where did you get all our wonderful goodies?

Unknown said...

omg hello pussy!! hahhahahaha. dying. I must say i am glad i came across these updates. I stopped checking for awhile there because of the lack of...

haha. lame.