Monday, March 16, 2009

Sunday/Monday Mash-Up

I am officially on a no-buy for six months.  That means no clothes, shoes, accessories, make-up until SEPTEMBER 2009.  Do you know how hard this is going to be for me?  Because I am that girl who has to buy something new for every occasion - be it dinner, a birthday party, a trip, or just because.  I really despise wearing the same occasion outfit twice.  I'll wear the same sweatpants around the house for a week or the same t-shirt and jeans to run out to the grocery store for a month.  But if the occasion is deemed somewhat special, I like the outfit to make one appearance and one only.

However, we are going to Hong Kong/Beijing and there is no way I am not buying anything while I'm there!  So, I'll just extend it till the end of September, practically October.  The official rule is I am under a USA no-buy.  International purchases are my only loophole.  

Y - are you with me??

I will reveal why I am placing myself under these horrible conditions in about 5-7 days.

One of my current favorite songs on the radio is Ain't I remix by Yung LA and Y's man T.I.  But every time I hear it, I feel conflicted because it is just so grammatically incorrect.  Granted, my grammar is not perfect, but come on. Didn't these boys learn that ain't ain't a word?  But I guess "aren't I" or "am I not" just don't have the same ring to it.  

We watched a bunch of movies these past few days.  Here is a quick rundown:

Slumdog Millionaire - Loved it!
Revolutionary Road - Hated it!
No Country for Old Men - Loved it!
Hamlet 2 - Liked it.
Penelope - Loved it!

Man.  Ashley from Rock of Love Bus got kicked off.  She always had the best lines.  Some of her best quotes include:

I'm here for Bret.  I'm not here for you.  I want a cheeseburger.
People puke and they poop their pants.  I'll puke on your mom.  Your mom loves it.
If you wanna date a rock star, you better get used to falling off a stage, b*tch.

To all my ladies - if you are looking for a quick pick-me-up for your complexion, I have the solution for you.  An aspirin mask!  I just did it on Friday and LOVED it!  All you need is some aspirin (you can buy this brand called BC and they sell aspirin in powder form).  I only used two packets because I wanted to make sure I wasn't too sensitive to it.  Add 1/2 teaspoon of water, 1 teaspoon of honey, mix it up and spread it all over your face.  Leave it on for about 15 minutes and wash off.  I felt like my skin had a really nice glow to it.  DO IT!

And, if you need an at-home dye job, you should ask my sister-in-law.  She was so damn thorough.  I was totally impressed!  Yes, I colored my hair from a box.  We're in a recession, people!  

The end.  Time for bed.  Goodnight, friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your posts are quite entertaining... my 2nd fav read after bill simmons. :) lookin' fwd to the next one! say hi to rock for me!

Diana said...

wow. that is intense, diana. i will help keep you no-buy, but this will be difficult!! xox.

Unknown said...

I'll try and LOVE the new layout!

Diana said...

btw, I LOVED PENELOPE. sooooooooooooo cute. i could watch it over and over and over.