Thursday, March 12, 2009

Can't Keep Up

It started with that ridiculous Cingular commercial.  Where that little girl says, "IDK.  My BFF, Jill?"  That's when I really started to notice acronyms for everyday speak.  The ones I always knew were:

WTF (a personal fave) = What the f*ck
OMG (DHuang should get a tattoo of this) = Oh my G*d
IDK = I don't know
BFF = Best friends forever.  Or BFFF in my and YWilt's case
BTW = By the way

Here are some new ones I've picked up, but I'm probably late on all of these:

HBIC = Head b*tch in charge
FML = F*ck my life.  Love this website, btw
SMH = Shaking my head
ITA = I totally agree
FTW = For the win 

Here is a website filled with netlingo:  http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

Do you think one day our kids will speak to us just in acronyms?  

"M, INM" = Mom, I need money.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG BFFF that made me laugh. What about STFU? LOL! Yes, I do think kiddies will be talking like that but much more advanced so that we wouldn't be able to understand WTF they're saying.

Diana said...

omg i LOVE acronyms. ;)

if my kid ever said, "M, INM" to me, i'd be like, "GGAJ." go get a job! heeeee.