Friday, April 17, 2009

With the Kiddies

I spent the afternoon today with my favorite boy, BFFF's son, Alex.  I can't believe he is already 5 years old and will be starting first grade in the Fall!  Where does time go?  The weather finally cut us some slack (all these damn April showers better equal some major May flowers) so we got to spend some time outside.

We did a belated Easter egg hunt in the backyard.  Mr. Ho and I filled the eggs with Hershey Kisses, Mini Blow-Pops, and trucks.  Alex did a great job finding all the eggs, with the help of a slightly impatient Mr. Ho :)  Afterwards, we played with chalk, farmer, soccer, house, and on the swings.  When we were playing house, he offered me some Chrome Hearts juice - Alex is so avant garde.  I finally convinced him it was time to go inside and we played on the Wii.  Or should I say, I watched Alex play on the Wii.  He is at such a fun age and will say the darndest things.  Out of the blue, he said to me, "Noona, I had so much fun today.  I missed you."  (Or something like that) and my heart just melted on the spot!  

Miss. V is also getting so big!  Her lashes are to die for, just like her big brother.  And she is so much easier to carry because she can hold herself up easier.  I hope she gets over her separation anxiety soon because I just want to hold her all the time.  Well, until my arm starts shaking from the weight.  

Afterwards, Mr. Ho and I drove around aimlessly for about 30 minutes because he couldn't decide what to eat.  We had to go home before buying anything because Rocky had to poo.  And then finally after entering and leaving Lotte empty-handed, he settled on Paisano's for their thin-crust pizza, philly cheesesteak, and wings (for me).  He told me I could blog about this, so I am.  

Goodnight, friends.  Happy Friday!

3 comments:

SiL said...

Its 2 am and I'm reading your blog because no one is up to play with me and I tried really hard to do wedding stuff but now I'm pooped and Rocky is snoring LOUDLY next to me and my tummy is growling and I'm thinking about the pizza you blogged about!
It sounds like you had such a great time today! You're a great NOONA!!!!
It is going to be a LONG day tomorrow <3

Diana said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww what a fun afternoon!! i want to play, too! one day i will challenge alex to a wii game. and he will beat me. hahah. and i want baby v's lashes. amazing.

have a great weekend! xoxo

Unknown said...

you're truly the best noon EVER! i so appreciated and loved how he enjoyed it! thanks so much. <3 you're better than most ppl i know.