Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Mississippi Review

Great time as always in Mississippi.  All I do there is eat and sleep/eat and sleep some more.  I did, however, learn something - how to sew a button.  Don't laugh at me, friends.  I may be very domestic in some things but I very much lack some skills.  But I practiced long and hard and I will now show you the fruits of my labor:



Nice, right?  I started the face too wide, hence the huge forehead, small chin.  My parents also took me on a beautiful drive on the Natchez Trace Parkway - a 444 mile ancient trail.  I saw my very first swamp!

  

Too bad it was raining.  I really wanted to walk some more along the swamp...  The best part of the drive was getting FRESH Krispy Kremes!  When they are hot and gooey, it is so easy to devour all of them.  I refrained and only had 2.  Wish I had one right now!


 

As always, a tearful goodbye.  I will be seeing my parents soon though.  My dad always says one thing when I see him, "I am a falling star and you are the rising sun."  He is so hokey, but hilarious and sweet.  He said one of his biggest life's regrets was not getting cable asap when we moved to Frederick because I would watch fuzzy television and he believes that's why I have such bad eyesight.  Yeah, Dad, not the genetics you passed on to me, but the fuzzy tv screen.  That's gotta be it :)  

1 comment:

Diana said...

okay i have a million things to say...

omg, i just know that no matter how old we get, we will always cry at airports leaving our parents! sigh.

HAHAHHAHAHA - that smiley face. you know what, i don't know how to sew a button either!!! so maybe you can teach me that this summer.

I LOVE THE SWAMP PICTURES. kinda reminds me of planet earth, and you know how much we love that.

and donuts. please don't get me started. *drool*

and what your dad says is the sweetest thing. it made me tear up!!!