Tuesday, April 7, 2009

About Face

Today, I spent some time with SIL doing more wedding stuff.  There is no way men can ever understand how stressful planning a wedding can be - no matter how involved they are.  Unless they alone are planning it, which would be a sign that the bride probably doesn't want to get married.  Anyway, we did a makeup trial for SIL today and I honestly think it was beautiful.  Hopefully, all the details will pan out nicely and it will work out in our favor.  She was also so sweet to buy me some products - Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, primer, African Violet eyeshadow, and blending brush.  I'm so excited to use it!  THANK YOU, SIL for helping me stay on my no-buy <3>

As I get older, my skin is getting more confusing.  When I was in middle school and reached puberty, I had horrible skin for about a year.  I still remember this one guy Mike-Mike staring at my forehead and saying, "WHOA!"  because of the crop of pimples that supplanted themselves on my forehead overnight.  So gross.  Anyway, my skin finally cleared up beautifully.  Fifteen years later, I have the most sensitive skin on the planet.  I react easily to products and get eczema in the winter.  I've been trying to perfect my skin regiment and decided to experiment since I was running out of my other lotions.  I used to use Shisedo's THE SKINCARE line.  It was good, but not great.  Felt like it left my skin a little itchy here and there and noticed more breakouts.  I decided I wanted to try something new and not as expensive.  So with some new products and lots of returns to Ulta, here is what I've come up with so far:

CLEANSER:  Clean + Clear Foaming Facial Wash for Sensitive Skin - Absolutely LOVE it.  I go on makeupalley.com for product reviews and I found out this product has the same ingredients as Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, but is about $5 cheaper.  I used to use Clean + Clear back in middle school and the cleanser I'm using now brings me back to those days.  It smells AMAZING.

NIGHT CREAM:  Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Cream - Really LOVE this, too.  It comes in a jar so if you are particular about dipping your finger into your lotion, you won't like it.  It also looks like butter and smells like cake batter.  Personally, I am a fan of this :)  My skin DRINKS this stuff in.  It is really great around the eyes, too but I want to find a separate eye cream eventually.

DAY LOTION:  Dove Deep Moisture Facial Cream, SPF 15 - Testing this out now and so far, so good.  It has a very light fragrance to it, which I enjoy.  The SPF is so important.  Plus, it has a very nice creamy texture to it.  I tried another Eucerin day lotion and Oil of Olay, which I had a bad allergic reaction to.  I think this is a keeper. 

The next steps are to perfect said eye cream, body wash and body lotion.  Will keep you updated.

This post probably bored the crap out of some of you.  So, here is an old school picture of me and my childhood friends.  I am the one in the sailor uniform.  My brother is sitting in the background in the red sweatshirt.  And see the profile shot of the girl with the brown shirt?  Yeah, that's you, BFFF!  You joined us that Christmas and I distinctly remember you told me then that you enjoyed house music and the Smashing Pumpkins.  And please take note of the faux Christmas tree - the houseplant with the Christmas cards on it.  Don't make us be that house with a houseplant with Christmas decorations next year, Mr. Ho.  I need my tree!  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh i loved this post. why'd you call me out on the house music and smashing pumpkins. smashing pumpkins used to be really good. where am i? you have to let me know how the LM tinted moisturizer is b/c i was thinking about getting it but the tint thing scares me a little but i always see it in allure as the best moisturizer. wedding planning sucks.

Unknown said...

omg the faux xmas tree with the cards is too funny. you look so cute. so prim and proper and REALLY into it. thanks for updating finally.