Sunday, April 26, 2009

Night Assessments

I can't do it anymore.  There is absolutely no way I can go out two nights in a row.  We went out Friday for Jim's Dirty 30 and again on Saturday for Alain's 29th.  

I definitely had more fun on Friday - SIL, her friend Jenny and I checked out a new place called The Gibson - this unmarked bar with really great drinks and the most amazing cheese + meat platter, but with the strangest crowd.  Afterwards, we went to Shadow Room to meet up with Mr. Ho and friends.   And wow, the dancing was non-stop.  What I noticed:

1.  Desperation looks good on no one.  When a girl walks away from you numerous times, get the hint.  It's not going to work.  
2.  Even if you are a horrible dancer, if you exude energy and good spirits, it's a party to be had. 
3.  Cops can be nice people.  Especially cops named Walter.  

I was absolutely tired on Saturday, but I geared up for the night's festivities.  We went to Policy, a new restaurant/lounge, where one of Mr. Ho's co-workers is an investor.  This is definitely more my scene - great music, delicious food + drinks, and a more mature crowd.  Unfortunately, the boys wanted a change in venue so we went to K Street.  My observations for the evening:

1.  Clear bra straps are an oxymoron.  They are not INVISIBLE, people!  I absolutely abhor these things, and friends, I will let you know you shouldn't be wearing them.  There are these things called strapless bras - invest in them.
2.  Brussels sprouts are so yummy.
3.  Men shouldn't wear white linen pants whilst clubbing.

Today, we had our 4th Book Club meeting.  I really love these gatherings.  Everyone always brings great dishes and we chow down.  We discuss the book for about 30 minutes and then we talk about anything and everything.  A few discussions we had today:

1.  Epidurals/water births/kegel exercises
2.  Bed bugs/allergies/lice
3.  Weddings/photograher drama/albums

Rocky is spending the night at Daid's house to see if him and Wilson get along ok.  That way, he can stay with them rather than stay alone while we are on vacation.  Mr. Ho and I are in major withdrawal right now.  The house is so quiet without his snoring, barking, and whining.  We miss him already, but I know he is in good hands.  

How crazy is this weather?  90 degrees already?  Where did spring go?  I am in denial and refuse to turn on the air conditioning in the car.  I was very sweaty afterwards.

Oh!  Before I go, you should definitely watch Tell No One, a french thriller.  It's really good.  So good they are going to make an American edition of it.  Did you know Beyonce's new movie, Obsessed, was #1 this weekend at the box office?  Who woulda thought?

And what about this swine flu?  So scary.  

Clearly, I have too many things going through my mind.  Necesito dormir.  Buenas noches!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

all i did was laugh at this entry! so funny! i need a girls night dinner...HA!

Diana said...

book club is the BEST!!! also, so THAT's what we're gonna do with rocky!! i am no longer confused. and it is such a great idea! he'll have fun playing at daidra's. :)