Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Fever (no more)

Life is back to normal. Olivia's fever is gone. I actually ended up taking her to the doctor that day because she just didn't seem like herself. They diagnosed her with a random virus. Not very helpful but good to know it wasn't an infection or anything. They had to check her ears and they could not see through it because of the wax. So the nurse had to pin her head down and I had to hold her knees down so they could take it out. It was so heartbreaking to see her sobbing. I think she was more terrified than anything else. But to see how much wax came out of a baby's ear... Wow.

Anyway, today was a great day. I cleaned, did laundry. We took Olivia to Tysons because I had ordered some shoes online - Sam Edelman Marina Pump in red suede. I love them. They are a great shade of red! I don't know where I'm wearing them but I'll figure that out. I actually just added another pair to my shopping cart. I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger on them just yet.


It was close to dinner time so we decided to go to Honey Pig! I haven't been there since I was pregnant! I never wanted to take Olivia there when she was younger because it is crazy loud and very smoky from the BBQ. But it was great today! The food was delish and Olivia was content eating rice, steamed egg, some seaweed banchan and watching Pororo. We ended the day with swings at the park. The weather was so nice! Not hot at all.

Great news. We have two new additions to the family! Mr. Ho's second cousin in Toronto had a baby boy and his cousin in Pittsburgh also had a boy! The new generations are growing by the minute. Now we are just eagerly awaiting the arrival of SIL's baby girl! I had a dream last night that we surprised her with a visit to Australia. She lived in a sick 4-level apartment and had so many people over to see the baby. I was trying to hold her but she was getting passed around all these old people and they had her wrapped up in a plastic bag.

Well, I guess I should see what Mr. Ho is up to in the basement. Bye, peeps!

No comments: