Thursday, August 4, 2011

Today

Today was a good day! Well, it started off not so great. I tripped on the garage stairs and braced my fall with my bad left shoulder. I was super annoyed on my drive to Little Gym.

Little Gym. *sigh* Ok, it was a little better. She was a TAD bit more interest in the activities. But man, she's very...spirited? For instance, during the singing transition times, she would yell/babble and make this "stop" hand motion. And then slap my hands away when I tried to clap along. And during the ball time, she went up to each kid and took away their ball and then just chucked them to the side. Didn't even play with the ball. Mr. Ho just laughed and laughed when I told him the story, but I was mortified. I just don't really know how to handle these situations. It's all new to her. It's all new to me.

The best part was after class. We hung out by the fountain with another girl in our class. She came with her nanny. Apparently, the family just moved here from Boston and they will fly the nanny every week until they find a replacement. The current nanny is AWESOME! She's super friendly and you can tell she has a great bond with the little girl. She told me she works 10 (sometimes longer) hour days. Does the cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, homework-ing, play time, EVERYTHING. The father is a doctor and the mother is a stay-at-home marketing director? I told her she is the type of nanny other moms will try to poach! But it was nice to talk to someone with a child, even if she was the nanny. By the looks if it, she is probably more of a mother to the child than the actual mother. With all that the nanny does, what do the parents do??! We actually made plans to hang out with the girls next Wednesday. Yay!

Olivia and I also did a Costco run and I made the best spare ribs in the slow cooker.

Twas my day, folks.

No comments: