Friday, August 5, 2011

Gonna Get Down on Fridayyy

How was your Friday, everybody? Well, it's only 9:06 PM so I guess it's still going for some of you. For moi, I will be heading up to shower and read soon. Old lady over here!

This morning, I decided to take Olivia to this open play time at Small Talkers. They have activities at this facility but have open play twice a week. Basically, a room full of toys with kids and parents. How did it go? Well, Olivia warmed up to the place quickly. She was playing with the toys well. But once the kids starting milling about, then it got a little tricky. Little Miss loves to dump things out and put them back in a container. I guess the toy she had was a hot commodity because kids kept coming over to take them from her and she was NOT having that. She would quickly grab the toy back from the kid. I'd take it away from her and tell her she would have to share and then the big ol' alligator tears would come running down her face. If the kid tried to get the toy back from Olivia, she would swat their hands away. *facepalm* I probably apologized a million times to a million mothers.

The best part was lunch. We went over to a little sushi restaurant next door, just the two of us. We shared some agedashi tofu and an udon. It was very enjoyable. She is such a sweetheart when its just the two of us. She gives me lots of kisses and hugs. I wish everyone could see this darling side of her. Even Mr. Ho commented today that she is unbelievably loving towards me. I love it when he tries to hug or kiss me in front of her. She pushed his face away. It's pretty hilarious. Hm.. Perhaps that is just encouraging her anti-social behavior?

During the car ride home, she proceeded to take big gulps from her sippy and spit it out. I was unaware. She passed out and when I went to get her, she and the carseat were drenched. I gingerly tried to take off her sopping tank top but it woke her up. And that was that. No nap for today.

I decided to tire her out for an early bed time so I took her to the park. She was very comfortable and led me to the swings, where I proceeded to push her for 45 minutes. Girlfriend was loving it and would not get off. I overheard the sweetest thing while we were there. This little girl, maybe 4 years old, asked her dad, "Can we best friends EVER?!" My heart melted!

So, early bedtime for Olive. Sushi Friday and Jersey Shore for me. Now, that I've blogged, I will put clean sheets on the bed, take a shower and read. I finished Shopaholic + Mini Shopaholic. I think I might do the Jaycee Dugaard memoir next. We'll see.

Later, peeps!

1 comment:

azusa said...

i enjoyed that! i love how olivia is so sweet on you. dont worry, im trying to train this one to be like that also! oh yes.. he will sweat me and kiss me!!! right now he will basically sweat anyone that lifts him up! how dare he be okay with strangers! he will recognize the person who birthed him! but i enjoyed your retelling of your day!