Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Hi friends. Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was not very eventful.

Friday, Olivia had the playdate and my friend D's house. There were tons of cute kids running around. Olivia was not as shy as she usually is. I think she remembered the house and the toys. She fell asleep on the way home which meant she did not nap that day. And any mom knows, no nap is not good news. She slept a bit in the car when we went to the post office to mail SIL a gift for baby Chloe. Best part was that she went to bed a little earlier than usual, which means just a little more down time for me in the evening.

Saturday, while Mr. Ho went to work, Olive and I skyped with DHuang! We caught up on all things in life. It was a lovely time. Although, I promised I would watch Revenge and I have yet to do so. We are going to read the Hunger Games together so I need to go and purchase that stat. In the evening, we had dinner with Olive's "Beloved" - her great-grandmother. We went to Yechon in Annandale and it was SO delicious! I haven't been there in two years or so and it was incredibly crowded. I guess I'm used to the after-club crowds. But it was very family-oriented with a very mixed crowd. We noticed so many mixed kids. I love that. With our own little mixed baby, it's fun to see love in all shades.

Today, we did a bit of grocery shopping. Went to Wegmans and H Mart (korean market). I've included a picture of the damage. We usually spend around $150 a week, give or take. Is that normal? Feels like a lot. The in-laws are returning from their vacation today, so I made daeng-jang jigae, bulgogi, rice, and some sliced cucumbers with spicy dipping sauce for them since I know they have no food at home. I'm pretty sure they are exhausted and the last thing on their minds is to cook. Anyway, I hope they enjoy the food.

And now I am watching dear daughter dance around to the Fresh Beat Band. By the way, my friend R and I bought tickets to the Fresh Beat Band concert in April!!! So excited for Olive. I wish we bought them earlier so we could've gotten VIP tickets, which would include a meet and greet! But I find solace in knowing she probably won't remember the concert anyway.

Her favorite shows are the Fresh Beat Band, Bubble Guppies, Wow Wow Wubzy and Pororo. She enjoys the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse now and then. Oh, and Dino Dan. And Super Why. Ok, maybe she has more than she should at this age but she really does learn things. Like music, instruments, animals, etc.

This week's menu:
Today: Daeng jang jigae and bulgogi
Monday: Mackeral and miso soup
Tuesday: Dduk-guk
Wednesday: Udon
Thursday: Cajun shrimp

Toodles!

No comments: