Monday, July 18, 2011

Dear Amy P

Hi friend!
I just finished Bossypants and quite enjoyed it. I am a Tina Fey stan (stalker + fan. I'm down with the lingo) so I was looking forward to reading it. It's a combination of hilarious stories, sage advice, and female encouragement.

I actually want to read The Help and the Jaycee Dugaard (sp?) memoir next. I'll keep your recommendation on the list! Thanks!

A nook... What's the difference between that and a kindle? Either or, I'm not sure. I love a book. I love the weight, the way it smells. I love underlining things or jotting notes in the margins. I love seeing how many pages i have left. The way they get alphabetized in our den. I know those readers have to be convenient. But eh. Book Nerd at heart, I am.

Love you!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Amy Pypiak said...

Dear Diana,
This is the best post by far! Glad you enjoyed Bossy Pants, i may have to add it to my list! I definitely recommend reading it prior to movie release. You will not be able to put it down!

As for the Nook vs Kindle. I have the nook color so it is like a tablet where i can surf the net which is pretty cool. I can also download books from my local library for free on my nook. Kindle is working on this concept but its not ready for it yet. I also like the Nook color because I read most in bed and this is back lit so i dont have to have a light on or worry about a tiny light adaptor as you would for the kindle. I find I read more on my nook because i can instantly download books rather than a trip to book store or library. With the library feature you can get the new books you are just on a wait list as you would be at the library. Oh, and you can also get childrens books and since is color Ms O will love it too! Its tiny so you can carry it with you at all times. And that sums up why you need a nook!

xoxo

Amy Pypiak said...

Oh and when i say recommend reading it..i mean the help! haha best book ever!