Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year, Old Me

So far, 2011 has been pretty good! Mr. Ho and I rang in the new year at Rays the Steaks with SIL, BIL, BFFF, SeanJon, Fahd, and Fernanda. Great company and delicious food - it was a wonderful start to the new year.

Do you believe that 2012 will be the end of the world? That would mean that this would be the last year of our lives. I don't believe it. I'm pretty sure the Bible says that God is not going to end the world when everyone expects it. But even if it were true, it makes you want to live every single day passionately. My generic resolution is to savor. Savor every bite, every hug, every laugh, every deep and/or mindless conversation, every kiss, every snuggle. Hm. I guess it's pointless to learn how to swim and I'll just wait till 2013 to do that.

Mr. Ho surprised me with dinner reservations at Volt in Frederick for my birthday! I've been wanting to go ever since Top Chef and the Voltaggio Brothers took over. Table 21 was booked for the entire year but we were able to sit at the Chef's Table, which was just as good as Table 21. We had a 7 course dinner (see picture) and it was probably one of the Top 10 meals of my life! It was absolutely divine. I never knew beets could taste that good. Actually, every single dish was to die for. OMG I'm so hungry all over again. And you know I was looking for Bryan the entire time and definitely asked the waiter to get me a picture with him!

I'm 29 now. Last year of my 20's. I don't know whether I'm supposed to be thrilled to still be in my 20's or to be sad about this slow, painful encroachment towards middle age. Ugh.

Very distracted right now. Trying to pump, watch Desperate Housewives online, blog, and respond to FB messages.

EDIT
Just got done cleaning bottles. Now eating birthday cake. While I was scrubbing away, I thought of a few more things I wanted to jot down.

Here's a weird marriage moment. One night Mr. Ho was fast asleep and I was still awake and googling random things on my iPhone trying to pass time till I felt sleepy. I googled "2012 theories." Scared myself and went to sleep. The next morning, I went to see what was on our DVR and lo and behold, Mr. Ho had DVR'd Nostradamus: 2012 stuff off the History Channel! Weird. Also, apparently, I snore.

I think pregnancy did something strange to my bangs. They used to swoosh better. I think it's the post-partem hair loss that has now resulted on less bang swoopage.

What I got for my birthday (I know you want to know): knotted black circle scarf from Australia and gift card from SIL, lycee (spelling?) from in-laws, spa gift card from BFFF, gorgeous flowers from DHuang, Shark vacuum and steamer from my parents (soon to be purchased), and a gift certificate from my brother. I have to note that my brother, who now lives in Tysons, drove out to Fairfax in rush hour to bring me a card/gift and to wish me a happy birthday. You have no idea - this was a HUGE gesture from my little brother. It really made my day!!!

And yes, Shark vacuum and steamer. My parents asked me what I wanted and they said, "shoes?" And I said, "No. Steamer." I'M THRILLED!! I'm also going to purchase one of those vacuum sealer thingys??

Poor Mr. Ho. He has Christmas, my birthday, Valentine's Day, and Olivia's birthday one right after the other. I forgot to mention that as an early gift, I received the new MacBook Air (LOVEEE). We are working on something with the jeweler. It's nothing too big but very sentimental. I can't wait.

I think that's all for now. Hope my birthday was a great day for all!

1 comment:

Diana said...

omg steamer?! and a MacBook air?! I can't wait to play with both!! hahahha