Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hump Day Thoughts

I must be out of shape, folks.  Not only do I wake up hungry (such a rarity), but I have been super tired lately.  I did go to the gym last week (once) and it felt great.  I haven't been back since, but perhaps I will go tonight with Mr. Ho.  I dreamt about eating a Big Mac though.  And I really want some.  With some fries.  And a shake.  YUMMMM.  Yeah, it's 10 in the morning.

The wedding weekend went by so quickly!  We had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on Friday.  I spent the night at Mrs. Smith's house.  They have a 10-month old baby, who got up 3-5 times during the night.  And needless to say, I got up each time with her and realized, "Dear Lord.  Am I ready for that??!"  I guess you have no choice and feel more inclined when the baby has come out of your lady parts, but still...  I love sleep.  I truly LOVE sleep.  Sleep and I are lovers.

We had an early day on Saturday.  We got our hair done at Structures.  It was so great to see an old friend.  She hasn't changed one bit.  We got ready at Chelle's parents' home in Farmbrook.  I don't think I've been in that neighborhood in YEARS.  It was quite touching to see our little Chelle all grown up and in her wedding dress :)  I definitely teared up during the ceremony, but held it together.  The priest totally looked like Philip Seymour Hoffman and I think he had been chugging the holy wine.

After photos, we headed over to the reception.  The food was pretty good.  I'm not drinking anymore so I had sparkling cider, which was absolutely delicious.  I may have to pick up a bottle of that!  It was great seeing all my PTC girls.  Everyone looked beautiful.  We danced, sort of.  SB requested Michael Jackson's PYT and then the DJ followed up with some random awful song so the dance floor cleared out pretty quick.

Post-reception, the girls went out to Brewer's Alley, where there were drinks to be had.  Mr. Ho bought 2 rounds of shots, which didn't go over well the next day, for dear friend, Pyp.  Haha!  We didn't stay too long because I was pretty damn exhausted and Rocky still needed to eat and be taken out.

I forgot to mention, Mr. Ho and I drove through my old neighborhood and I took a look at my house!  I haven't been there in forever.  The house looks so old.  I really just wanted to go run up the driveway and into the front door...  Lots of memories at that house.  That's my house in the picture up on the left...

Sunday, the CRAZIEST thing happened.  My brother literally asked me to hang out with him.  It was so strange and I felt like I was in the twilight zone.  We walked around Tysons and I helped him pick out clothes.  I love doing that.  It would be so fun to be a stylist.  Rachel Zoe meet your match, D.Ho!  Just kidding, she's way more fabulous than me.  My husband also marinated some AH-MAY-ZING galbi in the morning so we bbq'ed that shit up for dinner and had a great feast.  YUM.

I don't know why we have waited so long to do this, but Mr. Ho and I washed Rocky outside Monday night.  It was so perfect and a lot quicker and efficient than washing him in the utility sink.  It was actually a lot of fun and a cute bonding family moment.  Rocky smells so fresh and so clean right now.  I love a clean dog.

I ran a bunch of errands yesterday and even had lunch with a good friend, Daid.  She is such a talented designer.  If anyone needs any kind of design work, you should definitely get in touch with her.  She was the genius behind my print work at the wedding and SIL's wedding, too.

Now, I'm just waiting for my aunt to get here so we can get the day started...  Toodaloo.

And PS.  Apparently Jon Gosselin is not designing a kids line.  Thank the good Lord Almighty.

And PPS.  Hope you had a great birthday, OG DM!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Times.....Can't wait for the weekend....

Diana said...

what an adorable house!!!! love it love it. i also want to see wedding pics! xoxo