Sunday, November 9, 2008

Time for a WEEKEND UPDATE!

Mr. Ho came home late on Friday.  We headed over to ARA, a bar in Annandale, to see our good friend who recently moved to NYC.  For those who don't know, Annandale is a mini Korea-town.  Well, Korean/Spanish-town.  I find this city useful for the food, but not much more.  Even though I am full-on Korean on the outside, I could not be more white on the inside.  Hello, my name is Mrs. Ho and I am a Twinkie.

We pull up to ARA and I already know this is going to be my AZN Nightmare.  Although some are friendly faces, let's face it, it wouldn't matter if none of us saw each other again.  I just see so many people who are obviously fake to my face  and a lot of wannabes.  Almost like this!


JUST KIDDING!  I googled "asian wannabes" and this is what I got.  

(Dear God, I'm sorry for being such a hater.  Some of my closest and dearest friends are asian and I love them.  I'll work on being so judgmental.)  The only beacon of light was in the form of both Ms. Chaes and a few of their friends.  I guess all that matters is the company you keep.  But the HIGHLIGHT of my night was when Mr. Ho and I went to 7-11 and he bought me Shin Ramen and Blue Gatorade - my drinking remedies.  I slurped down every drop of soup like it was my last meal and peaced out for the night!

Saturday, I nursed my baby-hangover while Mr. Ho played flag football.  Before he left, he kissed me goodbye and told me my breath stank.  And then I ate a Chapaghetti.  YUM!  After he got home, I rushed him out of the house so we could pick up Alex (4 years old) and meet Mackenzie (6 years old) to see High School Musical 3!  Let's face it, I needed some kind of cover-up for why I wanted to see HSM3 and so I tricked these two kids into being my decoys.  Whatever, I had a date with Zac Efron at 2:40 PM and I wasn't going to stand him up.  Some parts of the movie made me feel very uncomfortable - like Vanessa Hudgens cleavage.  After spending some time with the Wiltshire clan, we ended the night with some Fuddruckers.  Mr. Ho had a huge burger and chili fries.  I had a chicken caesar salad - smothered in dressing - with a loaded baked potato and polished off the rest of his fries.

Sunday, I went to church alone while Mr. Ho met with a prospective Spring flag football team, which he turned down so he can uphold his Sunday church duties.  Picked up some Soondooboo from Lighthouse Tofu and lounged around.  Now I'm sitting here watching Rock of Love Charm School and finishing up Penne Rosa pasta from Noodle + Company.  With all the food I ate this weekend, now I know why my stomach feels like utter crap.  

This was a boring entry, but here is what you were waiting for, FIVE FUN FACTS about yours truly.

1.  When I started fifth grade, the powers that be put me in a gifted & talented program because they sez I wuz smart.  And then I got the worst grades of my life.  I showed them who was boss!  
2.  My aunt used to make me put on dance shows whenever she had guests over.  To the tunes of Paula Abdul and/or Janet Jackson.
3.  I can't swim.  I was traumatized during swim lessons as a young gal, but it is one of my resolutions for 2009.  Michael Phelps, watch your back, yo!
4.  Garlic, how I love thee.  If a recipe calls for 3 cloves of garlic, I put in 6.  Or 8.  
5.  Back in high school, a deer ran through our front screen door and ran around the first floor of our house, leaving blood all over the walls.  I was in my room and thought it was a burglar and called 911.  Three cop cars showed up and all we had to show for it was deer fur and blood.  Needless to say, I don't sympathize with dead deer on the roads.  Take that Bambi's mom!  

1 comment:

Diana said...

holy crap. i LOVE all your descriptions of what you ate. makes me happy. also, what HILARIOUS fun facts i did not know. the deer?! soooooo random, yo. keep updatin' us. :)