Friday, November 14, 2008

Body Deformities & Fashionista Conundrums

Now that I'm not working, the days just fly by and clump together.  It's already FRIDAY?  What the heck did I do all week?  

Well, I'll tell you that on Tuesday evening,  my SIL (sister-in-law) and I watched a documentary on the Treeman, who lives in Indonesia.  You don't know who the Treeman is, you say?  Check this out.  



He is actually suffering from warts that have grown out of control because of serious deficiencies in his immune system.  It was horrifying, but it was like watching a train wreck.  You just can't help yourself!  And being the hypochondriac that I am, (Oooh.  That was a FREEBIE FUN FACT.  Don't you love free things?)  I proceeded to check my body for any warts that resembled tree bark.  Thankfully, I was in the clear.

As I watched the documentary, I just kept thinking to myself that I am so, so lucky.  I don't have some body deforming disease.  I have food on my plate, clean running water, a roof over my head, and just a very content life.  I guess I'm just trying to say that I'm grateful and I shouldn't be so shallow sometimes...

But who am I kidding?  Being a little shallow is why I am so lovable, don't you agree?  It's why this blog is what it is.  At least I embrace it and accept it.  Moving on...

I was just minding my own business when I see this cop walking around.  And I have a revelation!  Are fashionistas across the world copying COPS?  See exhibit A and take notice of how his pants are tucked into his boots:



Compared to Exhibit B and C:

 

Granted, Exhibit B is a picture of Jaleel White.  Yeah, that's right.  STEVE URKEL!  And I guess you could also say fashionistas are copying jockeys.  Or firemen.  But whatever.  I think I made my point.  Case closed.

Now to the part of my blog that all my readers are clamoring about!  FIVE FUN FACTS!

(At this time, I'd like to give a shout-out to all my readers!  All THREE of you.  Yeah, you know who you are!)

1.  PB&Js on white Wonder Bread are my meal of choice when laying on the beach.
2.  I am severely sensitive to caffeine.  So don't ask me if I want coffee post 9 AM.
3.  I have never watched Top Gun, Star Wars, or Footloose from beginning to end.  There are a lot of classics that I haven't seen from start to finish, actually.  But I've watched every Lindsay Lohan movie!
4.  My first concert was N'Sync.  JC was my favorite.
5.  During a spelling test in 1st grade, we had to spell the word "ANY."  And for some reason, I totally blanked out.  I distinctly remember I spelled it "ENY."  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha! your observation is on point. crunchy or smooth pb? i prefer xtra crunchy skippy.

Diana said...

diana. that picture. THAT PICTURE. i can't look at it, and yet i HAVE to look at it. i also almost want to throw up. i can't believe those are warts!!!!!!!!!!!!