Monday, November 17, 2008

The Almighty Finger Point

Ever since I can remember, I have always wanted a superpower.  Just like Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.  The show was absolutely ridiculous, but I watched it because I was such a fan of her original show, Clarissa Explains It All.  Clarissa used to do this side braid and one day before school, my mom did my hair just like her.  It was a good day.

So back to my superpower.  I've always wanted the ability to simply make things happen!  And it would be so easy because all it would take is the all-encompassing finger point.  Clarissa is demonstrating this easy flick of the finger in the picture on the left.  Just point my finger and SHIZAM!  What I want just happens.

Change my outfit?  SHIZAM!  Gourment dinner?  SHIZAM!  Clean house? SHIZAM!  Peace on earth?  SHIZAM!

(Obviously, as I point, I have to say SHIZAM!  It's fun.  Try it, I dare you).

There is no way I want to EARN this power.  I just wish I had it.  I don't want to have to go to school like Harry Potter or fight Voldemort and the Dementors.  Nor do I want an Achilles Heel, like kryptonite is to Superman.  This says a lot about me versus superheroes/teenage wizards.  They are adventurous, valiant, and courageous.  Me?  I don't want to put myself in harms way.  I'm fine just sitting on my couch and pointing my finger.

I don't think I would tell anyone I had this power either.  I would keep it to myself and just gift it to the ones I love.  Mr. Ho doesn't want to work anymore?  SHIZAM!  He's won the lottery and the IRS has completely forgotten about him!  DHuang doesn't want to write any more papers for the Law Review?  SHIZAM!  She gets to graduate early and is hired at a top DC law firm with a SICK hiring bonus.  Young wants V on a schedule, a supernanny, and an orange Birkin?  SHIZAM!  Done, Done and Done!  

Man.  I got myself all excited.

Even though I am merely human, SHIZAM!  Here are my FIVE FUN FACTS.
1.  I can name all 50 states in alphabetical order thanks to a song I learned back in elementary school.  Hats off to you, Fifty Nifty States.
2.  I always have to brush my teeth BEFORE taking a shower.  
3.  I organize my closet by style and color.  So all my collared shirts are in order from lightest to darkest.  All my dresses are organized by strap style - strapless, short sleeves, long sleeves, etc.  And I use the handy-dandy ROYGBP method for everything.  You don't know this method?  You're missing out on Mother Nature's organization methods.
4.  Back in high school, I used to write down what I wore every single day to school and I wouldn't repeat an outfit within the month.  
5.  For the longest time, I thought Jesus was pronounced, "JE-JUS-SUH."  That's how my lovely english-is-their-second-language parents used to say it.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoy your blog. Hiiii-larious. SHIZAM! I'm missing out on mother nature's organization method. Sounds familiar tho.

Diana said...

hahaha i loved that show, too!!! and omg please let me shizam my law review note awayyyyy! :) also, the jee-zuh-suh fact made me crack up. parents are so cute! love you, lady.