Friday, April 27, 2012

Plane Preparation

I think I am most scared of the plane rides.  Such a confined space with a 2-year old.  We have four trips - home to LAX, LAX to Hawaii, Hawaii to LAX, and finally LAX to home (or "EFFING HOME" as I have labeled it).  I've done some research and have read about wrapping new toys as gifts (to prolong the "new-ness" of them as long as possible") and lollipops for the ascent and descent.  So I just put everything together in these zip-lock bags.  I sorted them according to how appealing the toy will be to Oli and how far into the trip we will be.

Items include:
-2 organic lollipops (of course)
-organic apple/strawberry sauce
-goldfish crackers (I would have done the organic cheddar bunnies but I couldn't find the snack pack variety)
-organic fruit snacks
-lacing toys (one animal for each leg of the trip).  You can find them here 
-Dollar Tree finds: books, flashcards
-$1 bin at Target and Michaels: kaleidoscopes, slinky, stickers, activity packs that include a small coloring book, 4 crayons and more stickers


Also on hand will be the all mighty iPad.  NEVER leave home without it.  God Bless Steve Jobs.

1 comment:

Diana said...

these look like DA BOMB!!! i want to go on a flight with you so you make me one, too. hahaha. oil is so lucky!!!