Friday, January 13, 2012

Birthday Roundup

My actual birthday started with a nice sleep and roses from husband and baby.

Mr. Ho and I had 8:45 dinner reservations at Komi in DC. This place has been rated one of the best in the city so I was excited to see if it lived up to the hype.


Zara top and bottom. YSL Tributes. I don't know why I keep doing this pose. I call it the arm cramp pose.

There is no menu that you choose from. Its a prix fixed menu - 14 courses, to be exact. I chose to do the wine pairing as well. You can't take any food pictures but Mr. Ho and I had some time in between courses for a few self portraits.





I didn't eat all day so I came HUNGRY. The first few courses were teeny tiny but with the first bite, it was DELICIOUS. Everything. Was. Delicious. It was a very organic experience. The server was super enthusiastic but not overbearing. I'm not foodie so my words won't do it any justice. Let's just say, it was definitely worth the price and I would do it again just to see what they whip up in the kitchen.


I'll be back, Komi. At this angle, I look like a barbarian. A chic one, though :)

Here's a picture of my little girl and I with a birthday cake from the in-laws.


I really thought this birthday would pass by like any other day. But it really got to me. I'm 30, people. THIRTY. Where did all this time go? All the thoughts that ran through my head - scary. Let's just say that this damn birthday really made me think and reflect on my life. But at the end of the day...

No comments: