Sunday, January 8, 2012

Celebrating 30

Last night, we went to co.co sala in DC to celebrate my 30th birthday with friends and family. It was a lovely evening, for real. I had butterflies in my stomach all day. I kept telling Mr. Ho I was nervous. I don't really know why. But once we got there and I saw everyone's beautiful faces, I felt much better. We shared many sinfully concocted drinks, delicious foods, and laughter for days.

The party was supposed to be a surprise. But I am really, REALLY good at weaseling information out of my husband. He just breaks. I don't even think I'm that great of an interrogator, but I am unrelenting.

I wore this dress from asos.com. Great price, great fit. But I won't lie. I had to buy some Spanx. I got the higher power brief. Look, I know I am on the skinny side. But post-baby, I have this pooch thing? It's not a gut, per se. Just this extra skin. Not saggy, but a pooch. Most of the time, you don't see it. But this dress, made me self-conscious. And yes, it's partially my fault because I have not focused on working out. At all. The few attempts at bikram yoga do not count. Anyway, those spanx worked well. Also, not eating late at night also works well. I posted a bunch of pictures on facebook, but here's one before we left. You can kind of see the pooch in the picture. *sad face*


I also got this great faux fur coat from Zara before the holidays. I think it's all sold out because it's not on the site. Anyway, I love that coat. I also love those red shoes.

When the party was dwindling down, two of my friends made me take shots. Yuck. A SoCo and lime and some chocolate one. They were disgusting and put me over the edge. I was 100% fine before that. Either way, I ate a shin ramen last night AND this afternoon to cure the hangover. (Blue Gatorade and ramen are my hangover cures).

The only negative about this weekend was that I missed K's baby shower. She is bringing in a beautiful baby boy into the world and the PTC. I rsvp'ed to the shower without realizing it was the day after the party. I was looking forward to bringing Olivia to meet some 2nd generation FHS daughters. Next time, for sure.

After I finally got myself together (Mr. Ho took Olivia to the in-laws and I slept in till, get this, 11 freaking 30. AMAZE!!!!!!!!) we took her to Clemyjontri Park. It was a bit chilly, but a beautiful day nonetheless. We met up with several of our friends/her friends. Then we had dinner at Tachibana with BFFF's kids and HeSean.

And now I'm here blogging...

Anyway, I'm not 30 yet. Tuesday is the official day. Not entirely looking forward to that. I AM looking forward to eating at Komi with Mr. Ho.

The party made me happy. That's one good thing about 30 - your circle of friends is totes legit :)

No comments: