Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday Night

Not much to say but thought I'd just add in a quick entry to get in the swing of blogging frequently.

We spent the day at home today. We have been going out to run errands the past few days so Olivia's nap schedule has been completely thrown off, which means her night sleep is not up to par. She is starting to really fuss when Mr. Ho leaves for work. It's really cute to see her get all worked up. If you ask her "Where's Appa?" she'll start to grunt and babble. She likes to say (what we believe to be) "Appa" over and over and over again. If you ask her "Where's Rocky?" she'll look up towards the stairs and babble since our poor dog sleeps the entire day and only comes down the stairs when Mr. Ho comes home from work.

I've also started planning her Dol. I think we are going to do it at this place called Palace Bar + Grill in Annandale. They have a pretty good facility. The only thing I really despise is the exterior of the building - it looks like a barn or something. But, they have all of the dol components in-house so less work, time, and money on my end. If you're reading this, you are invited! Unless you are some stranger who stumbled upon this site, then no, you are not invited.

Just a little over two months and she'll be an entire year old! I NEVER thought this day would come, especially during those sleep-deprived nights in the beginning. It's bittersweet to see her grow up so quickly. But you know what I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to??? TO STOP PUMPING!!!!! I am going to go all Office Space on my pump on that day! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

I really love our Christmas tree this year. We've used the in-law's old tree the past few years, but Mr. Ho said, "new family, new tree!" I bought an 8.5 footer on target.com. Did you know you can buy a 20 foot tree on their site as well?? It's $2000 but good to know, right? How long can I keep the tree up without looking lazy? Usually, I take it down around New Years, but maybe I'll go crazy and keep it till my birthday! Ugh. My birthday. Last year of my 20s. It is just sad and I'd like it to pass quietly.

One of my favorite things about the holidays is getting cards in the mail. I love looking at my mantle full of cards. And I love the million packages at the front door since I do most of my shopping online. This year, Mr. Ho and I made lists of what we would want. His list was very simple and practical. Nothing too grand. Mine, on the other hand, was a bit long, excessive, and expensive. LOL! There were some items for less than $100, but I can't help it. You try spending most of your day in the confines of your home and tell me your imagination doesn't run wild. Mine just tends to run to the label-whoring side.

Anyway, I can actually make it to bed before 11 so I should go. Goodnight!

PS. Please excuse all spelling and grammar mistakes in all entries. Time is a luxury and I'd rather spend it doing something else then editing :)

No comments: