Thursday, March 1, 2012

2nd Birthday Recap

You know about my parents driving here from MS for her party on Sunday. That was amazing. We had a small informal party at our home. Nothing too cray. I don't know when I'll be taking down the decorations. I don't feel bad because I saw some people who still have Christmas decorations up!

Today was a fun, busy day. We started the celebration with a shopping spree at Toys R Us. She got her very first bike (tricycle!), a helmet (safety first, baby), the Fresh Beat Band cd, a pink ball, a play broom and sweet set (she freaken loves this), a magic wand, a golf set, and some other stuff I can't remember.

She decided she was too happy to nap so we drove to the National Zoo. It was such a beautiful, sunny day. The apes and orangutans were so active and lively. She was mesmerized, yet frightened. I sort of felt the same way. The lions were out and roaring and scared her too. We were going to stay in DC but since we were so close to the beginning of rush hour, we decided to zip on home. We met up with the in-laws at Artie's and then "cake time" (she loves to say that) at our home.

All in all, a great day. Will be posting pictures soon.

I can't believe I was in the hospital, dazed and traumatized, two years ago. So much has changed! She is such a lively, hilarious, loving little girl. I feel so, so blessed to call her my own.

No comments: