Monday, March 7, 2011

Checking in

I'm just sitting here watching Real Housewives of Orange County. So far, I love Beverly Hills the best. I haven't attempted to watch Miami.

My husband is upstairs in bed. The poor man has food poisoning or something. He has been puking up a storm since this afternoon. Poor husband. I've never seen him get so sick before.

Today, I went to Tysons Corner with Miss Olivia. After doing what we needed to do, we went to the play area by the new food court. I just wanted Olivia to see other kids and tire herself out as well. She was in awe of everyone running around. She doesn't walk yet so she was holding onto this thing and cruising around. And like a bat out of hell, some kid just shoves her out of his way! he's about 4 years old? And he just has that rascal look! He's like "this is MINE!" I just didn't know what to do. I was about to shove him but I refrained. Picked up Olivia and looked for his mom, who, of course, was not paying any attention and just chatting away on her cell phone. He was a menace. I saw him push other kids as well. UGH. What are you supposed to do in that kind of situation? Talk to the parent? Talk to the kid? Ignore and walk away? Trip the kid on the way out?

I hope everyone has had a chance to check out our family website. I won't be posting pictures of Olivia on Facebook anymore. I don't care if anyone else does but I don't want to upkeep an album. There's too many people on Facebook. I actually deactivated my account last week. UGH!!! I was reading my newsfeed and I saw that someone did some "See who your stalkers are" app. And I showed up as number 2 with like 100+ hits for their page? NO. I am the first to admit who I stalk. I don't mind. But to be a stalker for someone who I would never stalk? Embarrassing. Anyway, please check out our family website for Olivia pictures!

My dad told me to get a "Baby on Board" sticker for my car! I never paid attention to those things before, but now I do notice. I don't think I can put that on my Range though. You know what I secretly like? Those little stickers that show how many members are in the family. They are like white stick figures? So cheesy though and again, would be be terrible on the Range. My friend told me, however, not to do stuff like that. Like put a, "My kid is an honor student blah blah blah" sticker on your bumper. Criminals will scout out victims based on things like that.

Now that Spring is around the corner, I've been thinking about what I should add to my wardrobe. I really want a pair of wedges and some bell-bottom jeans. I'm excited that those are coming back in style. I think it's a nice, relaxed afternoon look.




You know what? I could really use a vacation. Or a getaway. Watching these tanned, blonde, women in the sun is making me jealous.

2 comments:

ogdm said...

oh no! you really deactivated fb! oh well... at least i can still keep up-to-date with this blog and tumblr! hope you guys are doing well! at the latest, lauren and i will be visiting in september for a wedding... hope you guys are around! :)

Amy Pypiak said...

come visit me in FL!!!! And I bout a pair of wedges on Saturday...not sure about the bell bottoms though. miss you! skype soooon please!!??