Sunday, August 12, 2012

Gone Girl

I started and finished Gone Girl today.  It started off the way I expected it to, then revved up in the 2nd part.  I heard many people say they hated the ending, but despite that, I actually was ok with its conclusion.  For those who hated it, how else would you have ended such a story?  It is definitely worth the read.  I heard Reese Witherspoon is tied to the movie deal.  She doesn't do it for me to play this role though.  Needs someone with more edge.  More WTF, PSYCHO-ness.

I need another book.

I am 15 weeks this week.  I am starting to feel a little better, a little like my old self.  I still get pukey and gag a bit, but it's not as bad as before.  And I think the spit production is weaning.  Thank the good Lord.  Food is tasting marginally better but it's definitely not the same.  Like Mr. Ho said, I can't wait till I get to the "let's eat everything" phase.  This phase sucks.

Olivia is just the cutest ball of cute these days.  Yes, defiant and will throw a pretty good tantrum.  But the things that come out of her mouth just crack me up or make me smile endlessly.  She'll randomly tell me she misses me, which I think she thinks means love, and give me big hugs.  Or come up to me and say, "best friends!" and hug.  When I take her for a potty break, she'll say, "thanks for telling me."  If she likes the food we serve her, she'll say, "umma/appa, good cook!  yummy tummy!"  She'll hug her dolls or stuffed animals and say, "[name of doll] love me!"  When she knocks over her legos or ruins whatever she's building, she'll say, "try again!" with no hint of frustration.  She's just a happy, loving, positive, bundle of everything I could ever ask for.  This age is just so fun.

To bed I go.

1 comment:

Amy Pypiak said...

Oh boy, it seems like it has been awhile since I have read the blog as I am just able to post to this! 1) Gone Girl: I think I would have just liked an ending, I felt like they left so much open (which I hate, they are the writer, not me-finish it) or at least told us, dont worry book 2 is on the way.
2)Did you get my text RE our next book? My mom just read "the light between oceans" by ML Stedman and she raved about it. I am going to read it at the beach Labor Day weekend.
3) Glad you are feeling better. And Oli is just the cutest!