Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday

I am so tired for a Friday night. Perhaps it was due to Olivia's freak wake-up at midnight last night. She gave a startling cry. I went in there. She cuddled up to me on the recliner but would not close her eyes. I tried leaving her in her crib. No. I tried shushing and patting. No. I tried commanding her to sleep - "Just SLEEP. Why won't you sleep?" No. Three hours later, I finally just sang to her. I normally sing to her before bed but I didn't do it this time in my delirium. I felt dumb.

Today was a good day. The skies cleared and the sun came out! We went over to my friend's house. She organized a quick play date. It was Olivia and 3 other boys. It took her about an hour to warm up. My friend's son tried to eat her cheddar bunnies and she was NOT having that. She kept pushing him away and screaming. It was slightly embarrassing? I'm not sure if it's a boy thing, but they were just roaming around, having a good time. And Olivia is sitting on my lap, observing. And giving people "the face." Oh, you'll know it if you see it. But after a bit, she started to explore and play, too. Whew. My friend invited her neighbor over. She has a 14-month old. Just moved here from Korea. She said she had no friends or family. I felt so bad for her! So I gave her my digits. Perhaps a lunch or something will be in order. She reminds me of my SIL, all the way in the land down under... So I want to show kindness to the new girl, like I hope someone would show kindness to SIL.

Speaking of SILs, my future SIL is officially moved into my brother's condo. She seriously whipped up that apartment into shape! The last time I went over there, I saw a thick layer of dust on his nightstand. And there was just a general sense of bachelor ickiness. Now, there are candles burning, pictures on walls, organization and cleanliness. I'm looking forward to having another friend in the area. She is a young lass, but she does have a good heart.

Olivia is so cute these days. I really love this age. She can do our own version of sign language. She understands 99% of what I say in korean. She loves to dance. She has specific "moves." I especially love tippy toe ballerina. And when she just gets dizz-own with knee bends and hand flaps. And she does these animal noises/gestures. She's got dog, elephant, tiger, sheep, duck, gorilla down pat!

A fun weekend is in store. Manana: book club, and a wedding after-party. Sunday: a mini-3812 reunion.

Good night!

1 comment:

Mrs. Poon said...

Awww sweet entry!